Monday, February 21, 2022

90% Better

 

 Thank you for your well wishes. I can stand, walk and sit for longer periods of time without any pain. Surprisingly what bothers my hip is sewing. Must be the pedal movement. So I'm limited to 15-30 minutes of sewing time, but unlimited cutting, ironing and squaring up time.

It's surprising how much you can get done in such a short amount of time (and a week to do it in). The sashing has been added to the cat sampler quilt.

 
I've also gotten the borders and binding cut. 
 

Found the cutest border fabric at Joann's. This quilt is going to bright!

Half of the flying geese for my Aunt Daisy quilt are made and squared up. 

I love my Bloc-Loc flying geese rulers. Makes it so easy to trim these to size. I'm hoping to have the rest cut out by the end of this week.

I also made four pillowcases to donate to the Kiwanis Quilts for Kids program.

Every time I go to the monthly meeting I swear I'm not going to bring anything back with me. I'm weak. I picked up fabric to make more pillowcases.

The sheep are soooo stinking cute! There is enough there to make body and cuff from each piece.

A panel and coordinating fabric.

The green in the upper right is an ombre - I'll use that for the back.

I know I said never ever again. But I picked up six small quilts to be quilted, plus some flannel for backing.

These are nicely made and should be quick to quilt. Jo Anne, the project coordinator stopped by today and dropped off another quilt plus back for quilting and a kit that requires some fussy cutting. I'm going to be busy.

Now I need to get the Juki back from her spa vacation. She's been goofing off for far too long.



 

2 comments:

Rose said...

I am glad you are improving! Looks like you have lots to work on. I like making pillowcases. I like being able to finish something.

Needled Mom said...

Like you, I lack all self control when it comes to fabric and quilting. Maybe you can figure a way to stand while sewing. Glad you are feeling a bit better.