Monday, February 14, 2022

I'm a Wuss

 These are my new best friends...

The couch, my Kindle, rice bag, Cold & Hot Menthol Patch, and naproxen sodium (generic Aleve). I forgot to include the ice pack. Bella is under the quilt hogging both the quilt and the couch - which she has done all week.

I pinched a nerve in my hip and until yesterday I have not been able to sit or walk for any length of time without very sharp pain. Today has been much better but I'm still uncomfortable. 

I did manage to cut out half of the Aunt Daisy double flying geese blocks and prep my February UFO early last week.

Hopefully I will be able to sit long enough to do some sewing soon. (I'm soooo bored of reading!)

Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day. I'm going to go hug my ice pack. ;o\



4 comments:

Rose said...

Ouch! That sounds painful. I hope you feel lots better soon. Did you go to dr or chiropractor? Or could you even sit long enough to drive?

Loris said...

Hello Joy....from the cave here :-) I've been thinking more of you lately. I'm so sorry to hear about your pain! The knee treatments I was pursuing failed and I'm now waiting for knee replacement scheduling. It has side lined me much like you though I've managed to get the pain under control. Praying you heal quickly!
Most of my attention has been in getting Gloria's house cleaned out and sold and then completing her taxes etc. Thank the Lord that all was done this last week. Amazing how much better I can sleep now!
My sewing room is still dismantled and is being used as a cat room. We've been successful with integrating them with the dogs but I still need them corralled separately at night so the room is still theirs. Too much to do still before I can sew again anyway but I'm starting to come out into the light again :-)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well I would not call you a Wuss. I have suffered with Sciatica pain for about 20 years AND I need a hip replacement which I am totally avoiding. You know that old saying "live with it". I embrace that saying because I'm pretty sure that path includes a rehab stay.

Hope you get better quickly.

xx, Carol

Needled Mom said...

Oh dear! That does not sound good. I hope the pain improves with each passing day. I would be a wuss too.