Monday, February 7, 2022

Third Times the Charm and Other Random Things

 

Okay, my third red and white project I was willing to give up.

I cross stitched the blue couch pocket (I have no idea what these are called) over 35 years ago...remember Creative Circle? I have always liked / used mine and thought I'd try my hand at making one using the last of the chicken scratch embroidered red gingham. I ended up making two. Really easy to make and I thought they turned out fantastic. I took the one on the right to the guild exchange and the person who received it loved it.

 Good thing I love red gingham cause this cute cat apron was what I received. Everyone was so creative...there were aprons, table runners, mug rugs, bowl cozies, pot holders and more.

I decided to make myself a sewing mat. I'm hoping if things are in pockets Bella won't be able to get at them.

How does she do that! She wasn't there when I focused the phone camera on the mat. So maybe it won't work.

 
 The fabrics are from a Tula Pink bundle gifted to me from Donna. I plan on making a matching pin cushion and pop-up basket. It was fun to use such bright fabrics.

I've been collecting blue reproduction and shirting fabrics for a while. I thought about making a scrappy jewel box or Jacob's ladder quilt with them. Obviously not very excited about making the quilt cause those blues have been sitting around for a few years.
 

Shasta of High Road Quilter shared a link to a quilt she is planning on making. Well, I fell in LOVE!! The quilt is Aunt Daisy, you can find it here. Yes, I'm going to make it in blues, and yes, I'm going to make it king sized. Vanessa's quilt along is a unit-of-the-month which will make this very large quilt very doable. All my fabric is ironed and ready for cutting the first unit - double flying geese.

I saw these at Joann's last week...thought they were soooo cute but did not buy either.
 


I took the Juki in for a spa treatment. My mom complains that the prices of everything has gone up since Covid. She's right. The repair shop had the following sign posted:
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Rose said...

I do not know where to begin my comments. I do love what you made for the exchange, and I like what you received. I like your mat. But oh, my your fabric pull I really love. I love the blues and I love your light fafabrics. Especially the two on the right...but then I just love them all. That quilt is a beauty.

Needled Mom said...

I’ve always loved the chicken scratch projects. Very nice swap! I love those blues and can hardly wait to see what you do with them. Loved the sign.