Monday, March 28, 2022

Still Learning

 My old laptop died about two hours before the new one was delivered. No bad words were said as I set it up. I'm still trying to figure out all the little quirks of the new laptop...like Windows 11 and hitting the space bar correctly! The keyboard is a little bit smaller than my old one and I keep hitting below the space bar instead on it. UGH. I finally got connected to my printer today, so no more excuses, I have to do my taxes this week.  Double UGH.

I didn't spend a lot of time sewing last week. I finished the last three Daphne blocks and got the sashing cut out.

I have three more days to finish this top to meet my March UFO challenge. I should be able to do it.

I've also been trimming and squaring up hourglass and flying geese blocks.


All 64 hourglass blocks are done, and I made a lot of progress on the 268 flying geese. Have I mentioned before how much I love my Bloc-Loc rulers? LOVE love love them!

I have a favorite thrift store in Medford. I try to go at least once a month and most of the time it doesn't disappoint.


In a baggy there were 96 3.5 inch nine patch blocks plus lots of extra strips to make more of the light nine patches...for $2! Love the fall colors. I have an idea of how I'm going to use them but if you have any suggestions let me know.

Okay, if you hear any swear words this week don't worry, it's just me doing my taxes.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Oh my goodness....all those for $2....plus fabric to make more. Wonderful. Are they batiks????

I am glad you have your new laptop...hope you get used to it soon.

I totally love that first block. There is just something about the scrappiness of it...and I love those polka-dots.

I cannot wait to see the other one!

Needled Mom said...

I am having the same problem with my new ipad. My space bar must be different because all of my words run together! Technology!!! Yes, the BlocLoc rulers are incredible. That's a lot of guess to trim. Great deal on those 9 patch blocks!