Monday, July 25, 2022

Hot!

 I thought Oregon was supposed to be rainy and cool...boy, did I think wrong.


It didn't get to 107 today but it did reach 103. I'm not a big fan of the heat, I have a huge picture of ice water in the refrigerator, a fan on in every room, and the air conditioner set low.

Joanne, the Quilts for Kids project coordinator, gets a lot of donated fabric, yarn, and other stuff. She puts everything out and expects, with some exceptions, for the items to be returned as finished blankets and quilts to be distribution to a number of local children's agencies. Every time I go to a meeting, I swear I'm not going to bring anything home, but I'm a sucker for other people's UFOs.


I'm not sure what the person was making but there were six very nicely made table toppers / placemats (??) at 18 x 24 inches. I think I going to put them together into a single quilt top.


There was just one 12 inch basket block. Again, nicely made. I have an idea how to make it bigger but not sure if I want to, I may just border it.

This is 16 inches and had a handful of yo-yos and stems with it. I don't know what the original plan was or what I will do with it.


I finished all of my Aunt Daisy square-in-a-square blocks and put together the guild community service quilt.

I just finished piecing the top a few minutes ago. It is made from fabric that was donated to the guild.  I'll pick up batting and a back at the next guild meeting and quilt it sometime in the near future.

I think it's time for some ice cream.






2 comments:

Rose said...

You get so much done! I do wonder if the ones in the first picture were for placemats.

I love those little baskets. As well as the one with the 4-patches.

And totally love the quilt. I cant wait to see it on my computer.

Rose said...

An idea just hit me...the basket block. Border it and scatter yo-yos on it as flowers. Use a vine to link them. Maybe add some little leaves. Built on that or not...just thought of it and had to type it before I forgot it.