Monday, July 18, 2022

Random

 The last two weeks I've used a random number generator to determine which quilt top goes on the Moxie next - yes, I have enough tops to make using a random number generator useful. Last week it was #3 the fall string leaves.


I love how this quilt turned out. It's a little on the large size for a table runner 25 x 50 inches, so maybe a wall hanging. I quilted wonky oak leaves in the border with a variegated thread, in the ditch (using my in the ditch ruler), stippling in the block background, and spikes in the leaves. In person, the colors are really rich.

This week was #17 the Winnie the Pooh panel.


I haven't decided if I'm going to play and do a bunch of different designs or just get it done with an all over design.

You would think I would have made a dent in the quilt tops, but I haven't, I really need to stop picking up new tops from the guild and Quilts for Kids.

I think I'm going to take a break from quilting tops and get some piecing done. I haven't touched my July UFO yet, and I'm behind on my Aunt Daisy units. 


I laid out the units I have finished. OMG, I'm in love. Even once I get all the units pieced making the blocks is going to take some time. The blocks will be 28 inches finished with 49 units in each block. I'm making the king size which is made from 16 blocks. Yikes.


3 comments:

Rose said...

I love, love, love the leaves and Aynr Daisy...and this is seeing them on the phone. Cant wait to see on the computer!

Rose said...

Aunt, not Aynr!

Rose said...

Everything is just so beautiful...it looks wonderful on my computer. I love that Winnie The Pooh....it is just adorable. Some child will love it.