Monday, July 11, 2022

Quilting and Blogging

 Sometimes I wonder if I would sew / quilt as much as I do if I didn't blog. There are a lot of Sunday afternoon panic attacks and a mad rush around here to do SOMETHING before my Monday evening blog post.

Case in point...the birdie quilt I loaded almost two weeks ago. It took two more days before I braved using my rulers in the banners...okay, that wasn't too bad. I decided to meander all the open space (hurt my brain trying to decide on something more unique). I got about a foot into the first pass and the thread broke. I decided I was done for the day. Then a few days later came the Sunday panic attack. I told Bella, that I need to at least finish the meandering so I can show some progress. Meandering is quick. So, then I thought, okay, let's do the house roofs. That's where I stopped yesterday.

Today I told Bella that I would get at least one house finished.


Six houses later it's all done except for the binding...which I never made. It will probably be scrappy leftovers.


Playing with rulers was interesting. My lines aren't evenly spaced but for my first attempt I think it's pretty good. Three of the houses were longer than the reach of Moxie with the ruler base attached. I had to baste the sides and bottom before I could work on the houses. Then there was a long of scrolling up and down as I completed the quilting one house at a time. Lots of learning and new experiences.


2 comments:

Rose said...

I think it looks wonderful...and I love the backing. I got one ruler and a ruler foot for my juki...I have had them a long time but just not been quilting anything. I keep meaning to even make a sandwich and experiment and don't.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is so adorable. It looks great!