Monday, November 13, 2023

Don't feel like it for a different reason

 

I've had a booger of a cold (no pun intended) for the past four days. Today is the first day I've had any energy. 

I started the week with good intentions. I worked on my Xmas gifts, and I loaded my crumb table runner and got it all basted down.


Haven't touched it since then. I even know how I'm going to quilt it, just no energy and too foggy of a brain.

Then I spent two days cooking.


Split pea soup with ham then navy beans with ham hocks the next day. The split pea is really good...ya don't really need a recipe, but I did use this one. I also used a significantly modified version of this recipe for the beans. I haven't tried it yet, but my mom said it was good. The freezer is stocked.

Friday was spent sleeping all day hoping the cold would go away quickly. Nope. Saturday was a Nyquil induced coma. I did manage to stay awake long enough to make one Project Linus block.


The "big reveal" was Saturday. As I thought, it's a cute maze. If all the maze blocks weren't already done, I'd probably try to change it up, as it is I'll keep to the pattern. I still have four blocks to make so my reveal will be later (hopefully not next year).

My August/September/October UFO project got moved from a pile on the table to the folding design board. (the design bed is a mess, and the design table is covered with Project Linus pieces and parts).


To stay awake yesterday I worked on Aunt Daisy units. Currently at 139 out of 192 (poor unit 140 was murdered by the rotary cutter when I was trimming blocks - note to self: don't sneeze/cough when rotary cutting).



2 comments:

Rose said...

Your cold sounds nasty...I hope you feel all the way better soon. Some of them just hang on and hang on. Nyquil was always my drug of choice when it came to colds, except for a few years when I could not take it. (It made me sick at my stomach immediately)

Would you believe I have never had split pea soup? Yours sounds delicious.

Maria said...

A shining example! Your post is both insightful and eloquently presented. Appreciate you sharing your valuable perspective.