Monday, November 27, 2023

Still Stuffed

 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I did. We had dinner at my niece's house. She had about 20 people there and enough food for 50. ;o)  Seriously! Turkey, ham, mac & cheese, three sheet pans of roasted Brussel sprouts, two HUGE pots of mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry Jello salad, stuffing, at least 5 pies, cookies, two types of baked cheese, sliced cheese, crackers, a big bowl of jalapeno corn dip, and FIVE dozen hard boiled eggs that I made into deviled eggs. If anyone was hungry it was their own fault.

Did you do any Black Friday/Small Business/Cyber Monday shopping? I did a little bit on Friday, but nothing I can show. Mom and I did our first marathon round of Xmas shopping today. I'm so tired. The stores were busy! I thought everyone was supposed to be home doing cyber shopping!

I got a little bit of sewing done (nothing I can show) and a lot of picking up / organizing my sewing room. I put all of the projects I was working on back in their bins so I can focus on Xmas sewing. 

I did get my table runner finished.


Actually, it's more of a counter runner. I think it's 8.5 x 52 inches.

Here is a picture of the back. I like how the flowers that I showed last week turned out (changing the needle worked). But I have a difficult time with background fillers. It's okay but definitely not my best.

I have loaded my November UFO challenge quilt. I even know how I'm going to quilt everything. I'm going to be using two different thread colors - black and green (duh!), so it will probably take a few days to finish (remember - very short attention span) but should be done before the end of the month.

1 comment:

Rose said...

I love that counter runner...love how each end has the same fabrics. I like what your next UFO is.. look forward to seeing what you do with it.