Monday, March 1, 2021

Eleventh Hour Finish

 

 

But it counts! My February UFO Challenge was to get the blue paisley Christmas quilt top put together and I did it. I added the borders to the quilt Saturday night. 

 The borders are a mitered (of sorts) Y-seam. I was worried since I changed the design and had to trim the center of the quilt to a hexigon that the borders wouldn't fit properly. Shouldn't have worried, they fit perfectly and everything lays fairly flat. This nighttime picture shows the color/fabric pattern change better than a daylight picture. Now I have to find a backing fabric and figure out how in the world do you quilt a hexigon shaped quilt!

I'm excited about March's UFO pick - my fall string leaves.

I want to make a table runner of some sort. I like just the two but would really like a third leaf. I think I've thought of a way I can make a maple leaf without a bunch of weird string piecing. The potential border fabric shown kinda sorta works but doesn't shake my shoes. I may have to go shopping (poor me).

I've made progress on my blackwork project.

Although I'm behind on the weekly fillers.

I've also made progress on my cross stitch project. Honest!

White cross stitches on a white aida cloth is hard to see but if you compare the chart with last month's update you will see there is a lot more of the pattern that has green highlights.

FYI, I have heat! Just in time for lovely mid-60 degree days...except "they" are predicting snow (!!) next Monday. I'll believe it when I see it.



5 comments:

Rose said...

You have been busy!!! I love your leaves. I agree about the background...not sure what I would want though. How are you going to attach them to the background?

I love Bella's Quilt. I think she has already claimed it. Did you know you were making it for her?

Your other stitching is coming along quiet quickly.

So glad you got your heat back....

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Glad the borders fit so well--yay! And yay for heat!

Loris said...

All that lovely purple and green! The black sets it off well. The fabrics and the finish is gorgeous! I think to get it on the quilt frame you just have to go with a square back and then align your quilt on it.
This really is looking beautiful!

Joyce said...

The leaves will make a great table runner and such a great use of scraps!

Needled Mom said...

Your hexi quilt is beautiful and I love those leaves.