Monday, December 4, 2023

Lots of Can't Show You Quilting Going On

 

This is about as good as it gets...


You can see the backing fabric. I've also made progress on my other two Xmas projects. I'm expecting some new pantographs on Thursday, as soon as they get here, I'll load the second project. Can't wait to show you everything, so far I'm really liking how everything is turning out.

I can show you the wool wall hanging I quilted.


I couldn't quilt it the way I'd planned because the sandwich was quite thick. I had to use my glide foot as my ruler foot wouldn't move across the wool. There may be a way of raising the shaft the foot is attached to but I'm not sure that's possible on my basic little Moxie and I didn't feel like thinking that hard. Whatever, it turned out great other quilting black thread on black wool is a booger. 

I decide it was time to clear out the dust bunnies and hair rats from the sewing room. 


Why is it when you clean one room the nearby rooms become disaster areas? 

See that evil black and white thing in the bottom corner? She has gotten really good at not clawing the furniture (at my house), however she has started clawing the carpet in the sewing room and living room, even though there are lovely large new scratching posts. So the carpet gets covered in throw rugs, towels and small quilts to protect it. I also keep a squirt bottle close by. None of it helps much as she will find two inches of exposed carpet and start digging. Waaaaaa.


1 comment:

Rose said...

I love the quilting on the wool wall hanging. And cannot wait to see what you made for Christmas gifts. I wish I could see your ruler foot... have not idea what one looks like on a long arm. I have one for my juki and there is a screw on it you use to adjust the height of the foot. I am betting a long arm is a totally different story.