Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas

 

Ahhhh, time to relax. ;o)

I hope you have had a wonderful holiday season with family and friends. 

My whole family celebrated last night. My mom and brother came over today for dinner. Everyone has left and I've poured myself a glass of wine. It's been a busy month and it's not over yet.

So, what did I make? Three sets of placemats. The first set is Chips and Dips by Canuck Quilter Designs.


Love the pattern, hated the binding fabric, it is too busy and too dark. Unfortunately, I didn't decide this until all six were machine sewn front and back. I'll remove the binding and find something else, but it will probably be a while. It took about 1.5 hours to remove the binding on one placemat.

My niece picked the fabrics for all three sets without know what the pattern would be. I was surprised when she selected this pastel rose group of fabrics.


Very girly girl fabric. I made three with the green gingham on the outside and three with pink gingham on the outside. The pattern is called Table Graces by Jean Dunn Designs.

Love this next set.


The pattern is Flipped, also by Canuck Quilter Designs. Very easy to make. I made two of each color.

A few months ago I showed a couple of tote bags that Donna made and gifted to me. You can see them here. I though my mom was going to steal one. Hmmm, what should I get her for Christmas. ;o) I've never made a tote bag with zippers and I really liked the foam Donna used in the bags she made me so when my local quilt shop offered a class for Quilts Illustrated's Boxy Tote I quickly signed up. I thought the class would get me started. It was an intense two day class and everyone finished their totes by the end of the second day.


Mom picked the fabric, but she didn't know what I was going to make with it.


She loved it (whew!).  My niece has submitted her request for one.

It wasn't overly difficult to make but I'm really glad I took the class versus trying to make it on my own...especially since I broke five needles making it! If I was at home, I would have probably quit when the third needle broke. I think the Juki is owed a spa treatment soon.





 

1 comment:

Rose said...

Wow! You have been busy! I dont know which placemat set I like best! The binding did not strike me as too dark or too busy at all, till you mentioned it! Lol. I still don't dislike it.

I love the tote...I love a purse or bag that opens wide like that. Did your mom flip out when she saw it?