Monday, January 22, 2024

No Normal

 Participating in the Project Quilting challenges kinda throws my posting schedule off as I have to post my finished project by noon Sunday. Not having internet service for two days also throws things off. 

So where was I? Last Monday I wouldn't have had much to show as I spent the prior week working on the Quail's Next mini. Last week I tried to get caught up on my guild wool embroidery class homework.


I'm still behind but have made lots of progress. Poor birdie looks kinda weird with no beak - I think we cover that stitch in February's class.

I added borders to the Project Quilting mystery.


The yellow looks kinda dull in the picture but it is very bright in real life. I like this so much better with the borders. Unfortunately it's still on the small side at 40 inches square. It will make a good chair lap quilt. I have the back and binding made so look for a finish soonish.

I found some thrift store bargains last week.


The quilt top was long and narrow so I split it into two smaller quilts. I have a Thomas the Train panel in my stash so had to get the coordinating fabric for the panel back. The purple dots were just too cute to leave.

I had the snail quilt all loaded on the frame then realized the back was not long enough. A little trim here and little seam there and the quilt is loaded again.


Now I'm doing the long stare trying to decide how I'm going to quilt it. 

I've also been keeping up with the Grid Girls mystery. Clues 1 and 2 are finished and clue 3 will be released tomorrow.

Project Quilting challenge 15-2 is Sky Color, but it cannot be more than 10% blue. This is my inspiration picture.

Since I haven't seen blue skies for weeks, I don't think the blue will be a problem. I've already decided what I'm going make and have the top almost half made. I'll be posting the finished quilt later this week.






2 comments:

Rose said...

You have been busy! I have so much to.say I am sure I will.firget part of it. Great finds at the thrift store! I have found short pieces of fabric just one time at a thrift store! I love the yellow border...love the color it is on my phone. But then I do love yellow!

Rose said...

I forgot to say, I am still loving your wool applique!