Saturday, January 27, 2024

Oregon Winter Sky

 

I love the view out my living room window. I get to see spring rainbows, clear summer skies, autumn colors and dreary winter grays. LOTS of dreary winter grays.


This was my inspiration photo. It's the view I've been looking at for the past month. In this picture there is another set of mountains hidden by the fog. 

I needed to make sure my Project Quilting 15-2 Sky Colors challenge quilt included gray skies, dark mountains, evergreen trees and lots of fog.


I though a blooming nine patch pattern would be perfect (plus I've always wanted to make one). The brown is an ombre remanent from my very first quilt made almost 30 years go.  


2 comments:

Rose said...

This was a great way to interpret the sky...I wish I had thought of it...

PersimonDreams said...

This is stunning!! LOVE it!