Monday, January 1, 2024

Celebrate!!

 Yes, I hope you all have a very happy new year but that is not what I'm celebrating...the Aunt Daisy units are done!!


All 784 of them! Now I can start making the 16 28-inch square blocks. ;o)

I have a guild community service quilt loaded on frame.


As always, I have no clue how I'm going to quilt it. Although I know it won't be anything fancy.

Project Quilting will reveal their first challenge next Sunday, in the meantime they are having a mystery quilt along.


It's an improv mini quilt. I've never done an improv quilt unless crumb quilts count. I just finished clue 6 (not shown). Two more clues then the big reveal on Thursday. 

Normally between Christmas and New Year's Eve I try to clean up my sewing room and cut up my scrap basket into the sizes I like to save. Ya know how when you "clean" something it always seems like you make an even bigger mess? Yup. I thought I'd pull my scrap bins first and get them organized so I could add to them.


OMG, this is out of control! I consolidated some of the smaller project boxes, dumped 2.5 inch strips into a large tote and dumped strings into a large tote but this is still too much! I talked to the person heading the boutique at our quilt show in May to see if she would be interested in some home made jelly rolls, she said Yes! I think I'm also going to create "string kits" with my 1.5 inch strips and strings. I'll include a string quilt pattern in each kit. Hopefully that will put a dent in scraps.



1 comment:

Rose said...

The fun never ends...can't wait to see Aunt Daisy all put together. I have been trying to pull a few scraps that I can cut 2 1/2 inches wide to make this quilt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWekKVHdMms&t=809s

Right at this moment I cannot remember exactly how to write a link so copy and paste. It will take a while, but at least will use up some.