Monday, January 8, 2024

What Was I Thinking!

 I've decided to remodel my master bathroom. I couldn't find a good before picture, but this is what it currently looks like.

The shower is where the insulation is showing, and the old vanity ran the length of the wall on the right. While Mike (my niece's boyfriend / contractor) did find some water under the shower pan there doesn't seem to be any damage (whew!). He is going to start prepping for the tile tomorrow. Now I just need to decide on which tile(s) I want. I hate this part. How come I have no problem deciding on fabric for a quilt but deciding on tile/vanity/fixtures for my new bath is sooooo painful?

While Mike has been working, I've been doing some sewing.


The Project Quilting mystery is done. Each block is a Roman numeral 1-15 for the fifteen years the challenges have occurred. I think I'm going to add a couple of borders and turn it into a donation quilt.


This small quilt is my January UFO challenge project. The borders were given to me by Stephanie. I just had to shop for a fabric I liked to make it bigger and sew two seams. Hard work (hehehehe). I don't have back for it yet - hopefully I'll find something soon so I can get it quilted before the next Quilt for Kids meeting.


Project Quilting's first challenge is birdhouses. Including any broad interpretation of a birdhouse. I went through my sampler quilt books and found this block. Hmmmm, nest fits the challenge requirements but I think it's really a churn dash block. Regardless I'm going for it. I decided to make it mini. I've already pulled fabric and cut everything out. I'll probably be posting the end results Friday night.


The guild community service quilt is done. The binding is made and will be added sometime before next Monday's meeting.

I think it's time for another trip to Home Depot...is this my first or fifth trip today?






1 comment:

Rose said...

When we were remodeling our kitchen, the girls were young and just hated to hear the name Menard's! But you will be so happy on e it is done.