Monday, October 9, 2023

Two Weeks

 Okay, I've got two weeks to cover, and I don't want to write a book so here are the highlights.

Week One

I've already mention that I went to visit Donna in Idaho. While there, we were very busy (mostly talking as we haven't seen each other in almost two years). 

We went to the Boise Basin Quilt Guild's Ruby Jubilee quilt show. It was a large show with lots and lots of very impressive quilts! Here are a few of my favorites:



Most of the quilts I liked was because of the quilting.


Some I liked because they were just too cute.


Witches with Featherweights! 


This is a free Tilda quilt pattern.


The quilting made it sing.



LOVE feathers!


Each wedge had a different quilt motif.


But the corners were what caught my eye. Enlarge the picture and check out the "ruffles" bordering the flowers.

They also had lots of vendors. Here is my show haul.


Not the bowl of clips - those are Donna's.

We also went to a couple of thrift stores. I did pretty good there.


I think it's a hand towel rack but I saw mini quilt rack.


16 fat eights and scraps for $2...score!

Donna's is very generous. She cleaned out her sewing room while I was there. Here is a very small portion of what she gave me.


She made the bags, they are amazing! She also made the following quilts:



This quilt is huge! and the fabrics are fantastic.


Can you tell she likes Judy Niemeyer? 



And Buggy Barn.

These were in her to be quilted pile.

Week Two

I've sewn the binding on Brightly and have one side hand sewn down. I'll show a picture when it's finished.

I've been stitching down the wool pieces for my guild class. Not much to show yet. I have four pieces that need to have needle turn applique...YIKES! I don't know how to do that.

Aunt Daisy status: 60 out of 192 triangle in a square are finished. This is what a single block will look like:


I'll be making 16 of these blocks.

September UFO...not much progress was made. I did decide on a pattern and cut out the extra blocks I'll need to make it. I'm going to continue working on it in October as my October UFO is already made - Amazing. Hopefully it will be quilted this month.

I quilted Stephanie's table runner.


We decided to keep the quilting simple.


And I've already loaded my next quilt...this is a guild community service quilt.

Whew! I'm tired, the last two weeks have been busy.





3 comments:

Rose said...

I need to.come back on my computer, but just have to say I have sure enjoyed this post.

Rose said...

We have been looking at the quilting on the computer...it sure is amazing. I would love to know the hours it took to do it. And I am not sure which quilt has the most amazing quilting.

I love Aunt Daisy....

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That halloween quilt is adorable. Love the pretty colors in your aunt daisy blocks.