Monday, February 26, 2024

Getting Things Done

 If you see an incomplete blog post it is because Bella is insisting on "helping".  She's not happy just sitting in front of me so I can't see anything she has to stand on the laptop keyboard while she is doing that. Otherwise, she is chewing on the power cord. > <  

I'm making great progress on my February UFO challenge. To be truthful Stephanie did the hard work I just had to sew the blocks and sashing together. That part is done. Below you can see the border I plan on adding. Borders and binding are cut out - I should be able to finish the top by the end of the month.


I finished quilting the gold cat quilt yesterday and added the binding today.  I used a new pantograph that I was a little worried about as it had swirls, flowers and echoing. I did a couple of practice passes without actually stitching to get a feel for the pattern. It turned out to be fairly easy...lots of stop points...lots of stop points means lots of opportunity to beathe. ;o) The back is a very soft flannel.


I was right about the Grid Girls second block layout. The final clue was just released, the blocks are set on point. The setting triangles will be the floral print. Luckily I still have a lot of the print as I also want to use it for the border and binding. Maybe with a narrow pop border of both the green and lavender to break it up a bit?


I should be able to finish both of the tops this week. 

Then I'm not sure what I'm going to work on. I don't have anything ready to load on the quilt frame. I do have a couple of little table toppers on my list that I may quilt on the Juki.

Happy Leap Year everyone!




1 comment:

Rose said...

I am sorry I am so late commenting, I saw it when it was first posted. But I was waiting to get on the computer to comment and just did not get it done I love the quilting on the cat quilt. That is a nice pantograph! The Feb UFO is nice! Nice border fabric on it, too.

The Grid Girls blocks play well together.