Monday, February 19, 2024

Progress

 

Mike is making progress on the master bath. The master bath, walk-in closet and master bedroom have been painted. I was kinda worried at first because it was really neon glow white! Luckily it warmed up a bit as it dried. I really like the color. Two of the shower walls have tile. There is still a lot to do but it's nice to see actual progress. I need to start looking for or deciding on fixtures and such. I think I've decided on the vanity mirrors - a simple beveled edge rectangle. Now I have to decide on a toilet...OMG, you wouldn't believe how many different types there are and the price differences. Do I really need a toilet that can flush a hole bucket of golf balls without clogging? (hehehehe)

Finished the quilting and binding on the Thomas the Train panel. I donated it last Friday. 


The back is pieced, and I had enough of the train fabric to use for the binding. Not my favorite, but it's done and off my UFO list.

I made some progress on the Grid Girls mystery.


I don't know why my photo editor distorts some pictures. I took this picture a couple of days ago - I guessed at what the secondary block would look like, and I was right, clue 7 was released a couple of hours ago. I think there is only one more clue. This has been a fun easy mystery.

Speaking of mysteries, Project Linus announced that it will not be doing a mystery quilt this year. I have mixed feelings about it...the mysteries were fun and totally different from my normal style but after making seven I think I'm ready for something new.

Next up on the frame is the gold cat quilt.


I think I'm going to use a pantograph on it so I should be able to finish it this week between trips to Home Depot and Lowe's. ;o)






1 comment:

Rose said...

I am anxious to see the Grid Girls quilt top finished. It sounds like something in the html is off on the photo. At one point mine was off, and it caused the pictures to be blurry. Someone pointed out to me what to look for.

I blog so seldom now I don't even know how the html has changed...seems like every time I am away from blogging, I have to figure out how to change the size of my pics since I want them bigger when you open the blog.

Thomas the train will make some child happy...

Have fun with the cat quilt...as well as at Lowe's and Home Depot....