Monday, February 5, 2024

Whoo Hoo!

 

I made my first Aunt Daisy block!


And right off the bat I made an error - turned a block. Can you find it? It will be an easy fix. This block is huge! I'm having second thoughts about making a king sized quilt...maybe a queen size and a nice throw would be better. We'll see as I progress.

Guild community service top is quilted. The back is a solid red. 


I'm not a fan of solid backs - shows everything, but it's not too bad if you have a thread color that matches perfectly on the back and top. Kinda bad when the top has a border that reads like a solid and the red thread shouts against it. Oh well.

Clue 3 was trimmed up last week and clue 4 is ready for trimming this week.



Love the Bloc-Loc templates for flying geese trimming. Expensive but  worth it!

I won this fantastic seam ripper from Project Quilting. 


Alas, I've already had to use it. The fat grip is wonderful. The cute sewing machine paper clip came with it. This week's challenge theme is Inside Out: Some part of the project must thematically or literally be inside out. I have a few ideas - I might even make two very different projects for the challenge.

I finished the duck panel. Very quick and easy. 


I used flannel scraps for the back. It and the above guild quilt were quilted using a swirl pantograph. They turned out much better than my free motion swirls.


Next up is this Thomas the Train panel. It should be another quick and easy finish.

2 comments:

Rose said...

My mind went blank for the inside out challenge. You have been busy! Love the aunt daisy block.

Rose said...

I am back now where I can type on computer...I think I told you before I love the fabrics you used in Daisy. Did you have all of them on hand or did you shop for them? you probably said before but I have no memory.

And I love the quilting you did on the two quilts! That duck quilt is just so darn cute. Lorelei would have loved Thomas when she was young...she had the trains and track and would play and play with them. I don't know if she remembers that. She doesn't remember loving hot wheels, but she sure did.

I will be anxious to see what the mystery is.....

How about your bathroom--did the tile come in as planned?