Friday, February 23, 2024

PQ 15.4 Hourglass

 My Project Quilting challenge quilts seem to be getting smaller and smaller. 

I have a bazillion triangles of all sizes that I have cut off of flying geese blocks and folded corners. I can't seem to toss them. So last Sunday when the challenge of Hourglass was announced I thought about some of the triangle scraps I have...could I turn some of them into something?

Yes, I could.

Very very small hourglass blocks. They finish at about 3/4 of an inch. After making 12 (didn't use them all) and unknotting my fingers I decided I'd made enough.


A couple of borders and a very poorly sewn single fold binding and ...


Voila! 

OMG!!!! I just saw the mistake! How??? How??? My nose has been attached to this piece to make sure the points were good, the seams even and flat, the borders even. How???


3 comments:

PersimonDreams said...

It looks amazing! I wouldn't have even noticed it unless you pointed it out and honestly it draws my attention to the piece more than if it was every other ;) GREAT work!

Rose said...

I did not notice till you said...my goodness, that is small. It turned out great.

Rose said...

I checking to see if you reported on the bathroom project, but it is tonight that you post!