Quilting wise...believe me, I am not thin.
The Project Linus mystery quilt starts this Saturday. It goes for seven weeks. My plan is to do Logey Bear (2019) and Luci's Love Notes (2020) at the same time. I've got my fabric and I'm ready to go.
I decided to put borders on two quilts that I thought were finished:
I decided I want to make this red and green quilt a little more Christmasy. I have the border and binding cut out I just haven't attached anything.
I added a containment border to this quilt:
I also made the binding for it. Both need backs and tomorrow I'm going to a quilt shop that is going out of business to see if I can find something I like.
At last week's Quilts for Kids meeting I picked up four quilt projects - I already have at least four in process or designed in my head with fabric pulled.
I don't know why but I always seem to pick up the unwanted quilt projects. Both of these quilts are finished they just need to be quilted.
The red is a polyester double knit. The border fabric is tomatoes with faces.
The applique is on a white bed sheet. The seam are all 5/8 inch. I'm pretty sure they were made by the same person. I probably won't do anything fancy.
I also picked up this Quillow:
I love this fabric. It was already made, it just needed the pillow pocket sewn on - Done! I love how the person quilted this; it is big stitched with white and dark blue in the waves.
Joanne, the project coordinator for Quilts for Kids here, always has a bunch of fabrics donated that can't be used for kids quilts. We can take whatever we want for our own use. I picked up these two fabrics and this partially pieced quilt.
I took apart the partial quilt and found a pretty white snowflake and plan to make a Christmas table cloth quilt using the original design.
All of this added to my 13 other UFOs and 14 other unquilted tops.
I did have one finish last week. I got the small sports top quilted and the binding machine stitched on.
I did some tweaking to my quilt frame - moved the take-up rail closer to the backing rail - and had a much easier time quilting this little quilt.