Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Lots of Binding

One more quilt to hand bind then all my "old" quilt tops will be done!

A Maple Island BQ pattern...I love these patterns as they let me really show off large prints. I found the perfect, doubly perfect because it was on clearance, fabric for the back. Matched the blue in the focal fabric exactly!

I finally finished quilting the butterfly quilt AND got the binding on it. This quilt was at the top of my to-do list when I first started this blog over seven years ago. I have a love / hate relationship with this quilt. It took almost two years to quilt it...the thread broke at least three time in every block. I'd get so peeved I wouldn't touch it for months.

I used this flower design from Lori Kennedy in the blocks.

Another reason it took so long is I had no clue what to quilt in the wide border. I finally decided on a continuous leaf vine. Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out. Nancy has already said dibs...she loves butterflies.

Lastly, I finished the modern Amish quilt. It has the softest flannel on the back.

I took a week off of work to do some serious yard clean up. Of course I also did some quilting. I made this quick donation quilt...I think it took an hour to cut out and maybe two hours to sew. Bonus - I used up really old stash fabric. Now I have to get it quilted and out the door.

And I finished the string quilt. This was so much fun to make...not so much to sew the borders on...lots of bias and stretching. I really had to pin it to keep it even.

Sigh...with these two quilt tops finished I now have 11 "new" (less than two years old) quilt tops that need to be quilted and binding added. (I'm not going to mention how many wall hangings / table toppers that are waiting to be quilted.) I think I'm in an infinite loop.