I finished the two newest civil war blocks: Birds in the Air and Lincoln's Platform. I'm not crazy about my fabric choices for Lincoln's Platform but I can live with it.
I have been pulling fabric from my stash and buying fabric to make these blocks. I decided I needed to go through them and decide which fabrics I really wanted to use for this project and focus on them in new blocks. When I was done the fabrics I used for my North Star block were not in the mix so I remade that block (center above). I love this block with the fussy cut bird. I only bought a fat quarter of the fabric, I think I need more.
Don't worry, you will see the original North Star block re-purposed soon.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the things I really like about quilting is how two people can make a project from the same block pattern and the quilts will look nothing the same.
Nancy came over to sew on Saturday. She added the binding to the Halloween quilt above. The block is the same as my Jared Takes a Wife! Love it!
Nancy also put the borders on this quilt.
Nice soft flannels, so of course Siddi had to help.
46 minutes ago