I knew I wanted to put my civil war blocks on point, I just didn't know how I wanted to set the blocks. Last Saturday I saw a setting for the civil war blocks I really liked on Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts post. Since I'm kind of a lazy sort (I like to think I'm working smarter, not harder) I decided I was going to create the corner settings by making two similar blocks then cut the blocks in half. I did my normal screw up by not making the blocks correctly, but I like my version just as well.
It's going to take a while to finish this quilt with the additional piecing and I'm a little worried I may not have enough left over fabrics to make corners for all the block. I'm also a little worried that this quilt could be quite large, on point the block is 12.25 unfinished. I have 48 blocks made...maybe I should find a second block setting and make two quilts instead of one.
19 minutes ago