Tuesday, April 24, 2012


So my week off turn out to be the week from H e double hockey sticks. I spent Sunday clearing out the sewing room, my bedroom and the family room.  Can you say tired? How about sore? The carpet cleaner was here first thing Monday morning, he was very nice and did a great job (gave me a 20% discount for having an "vacant" house). Since I couldn't put anything back for 8-12 hours I tried to sew. With the attention span of a nat I didn't get much done.

Tuesday my new refrigerator was delivered. Tuesday night it died. Wednesday I called the company I purchased it from, they replaced the refrigerator on Thursdays. In the mean time most of the stuff in freezer had dethawed and I tossed most of the stuff in the refrigerator.  Not a happy camper.

Tuesday and Wednesday I moved all the furniture and stuff back into the sewing room, family room and my bedroom.  Wrestling with the mattress and box spring was not fun, but I won. Note for next time: do not but the mattress and box spring in a bathroom with the same dimensions.  Can you say tired? Sore?

Friday I made an unplanned trip to Boise, Id. I just got back this afternoon. Can you say tired? Sore?

So what do you when you have a 10 hour drive and you are not the driver and don't have any handwork of any sort to work on? Crochet!



I made a quick trip to a local junk shop where I had seen skeins of batik rayon fabric strips. A few weeks ago I saw a tutorial for a crocheted purse - it was bookmarked on my old computer which I took down when I emptied the sewing room and didn't re-set up.  So this is from memory, I didn't like how the handle was turning out so I stopped about 4 hours into the trip home.  Not too bad considering I haven't crocheted in over 20 years.

Tomorrow it's back to work. Hopefully it will be nice, peaceful and uneventful.


5 comments:

Mary said...

I'm worn out just reading about all your physical activity! I'm impressed with your crocheted purse. I have never crocheted anything that wasn't flat.

Needled Mom said...

OMGosh...I am bushed just reading about your week. What a disaster! I hope the new fridge is working better.

AnnieO said...

Good heavens, the sore and tired parts of your week never seemed to stop! Hope no more moving of big stuff is in your future for awhile. Had to laugh at you cruising a thrift shop for a handwork project :)

Anonymous said...

You sound like I feel - sore and tired. Sounds to me like your working pretty smart. Nice bag. Were the rayon strips cut on the bias???

Diane H said...

Well, at least you ended up with a fun project almost finished. Love the boxspring and mattress parked in the bathroom. Hope life has settled down.