Monday, February 27, 2017

Phone Camera Pics

Below are various photos I downloaded from my phone camera...

During the holiday's I didn't sew any gifts but I did make a bunch of these "jewel boxes". They are candle votive holders and salt cellars topped with buttons and bracelet beads. I saw some similar at an antique market and loved them, but they were crazy expensive. I knew I could easily make them. So I did. I have since learned that large buttons are crazy expensive.  Who knew.


My first love is embroidery. I haven't done much lately so a few months ago I dug out this kit (you can tell from the border fabric I've had the kit for a while). When I finished it my first thought was "how blah".


So I took it apart, trimmed it down a bit, and added a pop border. Still a little blah but much better.


I finished the hand sewing part of the binding on these two. I've spent most of the last couple of weekends making binding and quilt backs. I still have two more backs to make and three quilts that need the binding attached. Not very exciting but I'm very glad they are getting done.

 

This is my February scrap project. I started making these string blocks over a year ago. I haven't decided how big I'm going to make it, or if I'm going to sash it, but I'm having fun making the blocks. Guess this will also be my March scrap project. I can actually see a dent in my bin of string bits and pieces.


Doesn't Siddi look vicious in this picture? I actually caught her mid yawn.


I hope I don't look that grumpy when someone wakes me up from a nap.  ;o)

 

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Doesn't it feel great to make progress on the unfinished projects? Love that quilt and also those great strip blocks.

Rose said...

Oh, Joy! You have been busy...and I LOVE everything. I love string blocks and crumb blocks. I cannot quit making them. and one of the local quilt shops sells their scraps really cheap and I go buy more scraps. I would have to live to be a hundred to use all I have.

baili said...

loved your amazing work of art my friend!
you are very talented to create wonderful designs to enchant senses .
your pet is angry ?