Monday, December 31, 2018

Good Bye, So Long, Farewell 2018

  
Happy New Year! I'm trying to sneak this post in before midnight (and pretend it hasn't been almost three months since my last post). I've been doing a little bit of sewing...


 Temecula Quilt Company's Christmas mystery that doesn't look very christmasy. And looks much better in person.



Violet's Bakery and Confectionery -   the 2018 Project Linus mystery quilt. LOVE the pattern.



And a little shopping. I picked up all of this at an estate sale. Over 27 yards of fabric and an unopened TrueSharp rotary blade sharpener for a crazy low price. Kinda sad, some day there will be another happy quilter getting a great bargain when I pass.


Last year's Project Linus Mystery quilt - Ethan's World Travels all quilted. I love how Barbara continued the flying geese path into the quilting.


I donated the quilt to Nancy's dental association that has a silent auction every year to raise money to provide dental care to low income children.



Nancy said that at the time she left for the evening the bid was up to $200. Wow.


The 4x4 quilt is all finished too. Love how this one turned out.


 2019 should be a very interesting year. I am officially retired on January 1. I know I'll be doing lots more quilting but I'm a little worried about this retirement stuff. Financially I'm okay, it's what to do with all the time!

Hope the new year brings you lots of joyful quilting.
 


2 comments:

Loris said...

Wow! You really have been doing some sewing! Your Temecula quilt is lovely. As are the Linus quilts and four patch. These are wonderful finishes and almosts for the year end.
Congratulations on the retirement! Another new start for you! You are clever and will use your time creatively. Get Bella a dog or two and you'll figure out how your time will go. LOL
I've been thinking of you lately as I've been using my new wool mat to press the bazillion half square bonus triangles I have accumulated. I need to trim them to size and then play with them to make some pretty table mats.
I hope you are having a fun day sewing today. Happy New Year!

Rose said...

Wow! You have been busy! One of these days I am going to make Burgoyne Surrounded...it has always appealed to me.

All you work appeals to me..