Monday, April 19, 2021

Trying to Focus (again)

 

I've been feeling a little scattered again lately so decide to focus on a project until it was done!

First up was a quilt top I picked up at Quilts for Kids last month. It just needed a back, quilted and binding. I got the back pieced, the quilt loaded on the frame and I actually quilted it all in one day. Truly amazing. Even more amazing...

...was how close I came to running out of batting. Yikes!

The quilt is done and donated. I'm getting pretty good at meandering. I really need to try some different FMQ designs.

At the Quilts for Kids meetings JoAnne always has lots of donated fabric, panels, pieced blocks, yarn, fleece, etc. I normally pick up already finished tops that need quilting. However I have a number of tops I've made that need quilted and donated so I wasn't going to pick up anything new.

Famous last words. The bag has two panels (and one back), a polar fleece kit, and a fat quarter bundle of flannel (I see a couple of Yellow Brick Road quilts in my future). All quick and fast projects but I really didn't need to pick up anything new. Oh well.

JoAnne also has a free table with odds and ends that can't be made into quilts but that people have donated. I also picked up these.

I'll turn this into a mini quilted wall hanging.

This is a very old Creative Circle kit. The hardware was also on the table separate from the cross stitch so I made sure I grabbed that fast. Again quick projects but I already have a ton of quick projects. I think I'm a hopeless case.

I did finish quilting and binding one quick project.

The last three mugs rugs are done. Now I have a set. So happy.

I forgot to show my cross stitch and blackwork progress last week. Here's my blackwork.

I got all of the garden layout completed and I'm now trying to get caught up on the flower fillers. The numbers are the week that flower filler will be released. I think I'm on week 6 and week 16 was just released. So I have a little bit of catching up to do.

And here's my cross stitch progress...

 

Huh, no picture. That's because there has been no progress. I really wanted to get the blackwork garden layout completed, so I've ignored the cross stitch project.




5 comments:

Rose said...

I need to be on computer, but will start with that is a simple but effective fish quilt. I bet some child will like it.

Your coasters are so cute, and the binding is so neat.

Rose said...

I was on phone this morn, and just try to make short comments...even then I post lots of mistakes. I hope next time you show us the panels and the FQ bundle. You just made me think...I have the Yellow brick road pattern, and I have a couple FQ bundles that would probably make one of those. Now to find the pattern. I love your cross stitch so far...cannot wait to see more.

Needled Mom said...

Whew....that was a lose call on that batting. Glad you made it! My life has been jumping project to project too lately. Focusing is sometimes really difficult.

AnnieO said...

Oh I’ve been there far too often on batting or backing shortages! That’s a lot of nice projects you couldn’t turn down. I have one more donation quilt to do but am waiting for my larger sewing machine to return from the spa. Love the Blackwork project. I’m starting my new Blackbird stitchery tomorrow.

Bonnie said...

Not that you needed extra batting but it isn’t hard to add more batting but it is slow. I ran out and had to hand baste a new piece on the bottom. And make sure it had enough quilting in it so it would stay in place. I like your black work. Good luck finishing up some more projects.