Monday, October 11, 2021

Odds and Ends

 I have two (!!) finishes this week and progress on three projects.

Christina's quilt is finished. I worried about the bunching and gathering but it was not a problem at all. Squaring the quilt up after quilting was a different story, I didn't even try. I trimmed the quilt so the border was an even 2.25" all around then added the binding. 

I quilted it with my famous meander in light blue thread. I'm happy with how it turned out, I hope Christina is too.

Our current guild challenge was something pumpkin themed. I got my pumpkin quilted and bound.

I'm still tempted to add more quilting in the background fabric but can't think of anything interesting. It's due next Monday so we'll see if anything else is added.

I made progress on my Project Linus mystery blocks.

Clue 1B - Pinwheels is finished and Clue 2 - Chow Time is ready to sew.

I also have Clue 3 all cut out but it doesn't look like anything yet. Hopefully I'll be able to show the finished blocks next week.

I made the third block for the FQS Sampler.

This is going to be a VERY colorful quilt.

And I moved the Q-Snaps on my blackwork garden. One quadrant is done.

Sorry about the wrinkles but I can't iron it until it is finished and cleaned. I can't believe there are only 8 more weeks until this stitch-along ends. I'm still very behind.


3 comments:

Rose said...

I don't even know where to begin. Glad you got the quilt done...it looks great from here. I love your guilt project...love that spiderweb. That was a great idea and the little viney thing coming from the pumpkin is also really nice. I am trying to think of smething to add to the background. I thought about quilting in some leaves laying around under it...but I just cannot think farther than that.

I love those blocks for Project Linus...and oh, your blackwork garden is wonderful!

Needled Mom said...

You've got so many fun projects. I love the pumpkin quilt with such cute quilting. Nice looking blocks too. That cross stitch looks daunting!

AnnieO said...

You’ve been deep into needle, fabric and thread! Lots of great progress in your stitchy life :)