Monday, August 15, 2022

I Used to Like Ironing

 The fabric I brought home last week had all been washed then stuffed in the tote boxes. Some were so wrinkled I had to wash them again. I spent four days ironing. After ironing and neatly folding everything there was a box of yardage, a box of flannel, a box of fleece and a box stuffed with less than one-yard pieces. I ended putting a lot of the fabrics I had originally picked out for myself back and kept mostly the 30's reproductions and some yardage for backs. Most of the fabric was from the 1990's and early 2000's. It was fun to go through, but I was very happy when Joann came by yesterday and took everything.

My quilt top count was up to 32 so the last two days I have been busy loading and quilting a couple of small donation quilts. I did not make either quilt.


Both are a little wonky, but I think they turned out cute. Double loops in the above quilt. I love the flannel I found for the back. 


Simple meander in the second quilt, Another fun flannel back. Both still need binding attached. Both will be donated on Friday.

Now my count is down to 30. If I quilt one top a week, with a few weeks off for the holidays, and not finishing or getting any new tops, I should finish this group sometime around March 28, 2023. Yikes!



1 comment:

Rose said...

Those are so cute! And perfect backing for both, I think. Though the first one does look like the backing and top were made especially for each other.