Friday, January 12, 2024

Quail's Nest

 The prompt for Project Quilting 15-1 challenge is birdhouse, which could include nest, tree, or however you want to interpret what a birdhouse is.

I went through my sampler quilt books looking for a birdhouse or nest titled block and found Quail's Nest.


In this book.

I've always thought of the block as a churn dash but who am I to argue.

So here is my Quail's Nest mini. The blocks finish at three inches and the quilt is 13.75 inches square. All the fabrics came from my reproduction scrap bin which makes me very happy.

This was a fun first challenge.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Great interpretation!!

Rose said...

This is a great mini! It looks so precise. I think you met the challenge!

PersimonDreams said...

yes! LOVE it!

Start To Finish said...

Love your mini quilt. Don't you love it when you use your scraps up! I'm working on it so this is The Year of the Scraps!