Monday, July 15, 2024

Frankenbat

 Cue the scary music, loud thunder, and fiery bolts of lightening...no, I haven't created a monster, I have killed the Monster! The leftover batting scraps monster!


Do you make frankenbat? I've made enough for 12-13 small lap quilts and have enough scraps to make at least two more fair sized pieced of batting. 

I trim the scraps to a consistent width, group similar lengths together then use fusible tape to attach them together. This time around I made my own fusible tape by cutting fusible non-woven lightweight interfacing into two inch strips. It doesn't fuse as nicely as Marti's Choice Fusible Tape but it does the job.

Now I need to find and make backs for a bunch of quilt tops I've received lately. Anything to avoid actual quilt piecing/sewing.


No comments: