Monday, October 14, 2024

Ginger Belle


 Okay, are you sitting down? This will be a shock, and I don't want you to get hurt.

I've been piecing quilt units...and not just any quilt units, units for a quilt for me! I know, amazing right?

The pattern is Ginger Belle from Miss Rosie's Spice of Life Book by Carrie Nelson. The fabric is a Moda fat quarter bundle I bought over 15 years ago. I cut it out two years ago, put it in a project box and haven't touched it since.

It calls for 60 hour glass blocks and 261 4 patch blocks. I don't know how I managed it but I didn't cut enough strips for the 4 patch blocks. Normally I over cut, not undercut. I have about 50 more to make then I get to spend some quality time pressing them all open.

My goal is to finish the quilt top by the end of the month. Make sure you hold me to it.


This was my morning view a couple of days ago. The tempts are cooling and we've started getting morning fog. When it sits low in the valley like this it almost looks like a very large lake.



1 comment:

Rose said...

I am glad I was sitting down to read this...I might have passed out from shock. LOL That is going to be beautiful.

I like the view from a couple days ago...