Monday, July 26, 2010

Lots of sewing got done yesterday.

No pieced border, but I did change the borders from what the pattern had. I really like how it turned out.


I also got the back pieced and the binding ready to go. Hopefully this week I will have time to get it pin basted. I think I'm going to do a simple meander in the center...maybe add a few leaves in.

I started sewing together the blocks for another quilt. I cut this out last February. The colors look dull in this pictures, the fabrics are really bright and colorful. Now I need to decide on a sashing fabric...I'm thinking about a kelly green for the sashing.


And more green...these are the corners of the Jared Takes a Wife quilt.

2 comments:

jillquilts said...

The quilt looks great! I just finished a green and neutral quilt top and I think they are so striking!

AnnieO said...

The simple borders look really good! That's great work if you have already got the backing made. I have two tops languishing for want of backs now...

Jared Takes a Wife is a favorite! The greens will look really good for that pattern.