Saturday, August 21, 2010

What happened?

I was all set to work on the Jared Takes a Wife blocks, but first I thought I'd put a few yellow strips on the rectangle blocks I put together a few weeks ago. Just to see if I was going to like it.

Two hours later I ran out of yellow strips. Why am I always running out of pieces and parts for quilts? I know somewhere in this house there is more of the yellow fabric but I could not find it anywhere. Luckily I just bought this fabric last week and I know the shop has lots of it. I wish the colors showed up better - this yellow is so soft and pretty, it is a Kona Cotton, the color is Buttercup.

Alias, poor Jared will have to wait for his wife.


4 comments:

carol fun said...

This is looking great- I know what you mean about vanishing fabric. I swear it grows legs and moves when I go to bed -- LOL!

Pat said...

I'm glad you will still be able to get the yellow fabric. That is looking very nice!

Cindy said...

The buttercup is so soft and pretty.
Poor Jared - he just can't seem to make it to his wife...LOL

AnnieO said...

Very pretty Kona! It is such a great solid with your snazzy print. Where's the rest of the pic?

Poor Jared indeed.