Wednesday, December 28, 2011

5 x 5

I have the next five days off work, my goals:

5 quilts on and off the quilt frame

5 hours of other quilt related sewing

5 clean up projects around the house

5 workout sessions

5 ???

Hmmm, 5 errands to run? lose 5 pounds (ha, in my dreams)? call 5 friends I haven't talked to lately? fix 5 new recipes? I know what I'm not going to do and that is waste 5 days doing nothing.

I had a little retail therapy this evening...

For Christmas Jayme gave me a gift certificate to my LQS and Nancy gave me a jelly roll, when I got home tonight I had an email that my LQS was having an inventory reduction sale... everything 40% off... it didn't take me long to get back in my car. Fabric for two pillowcases (I'll have to take a better picture of the dragon fabric - it is too cool), border and binding fabric to go with the jelly roll, and a kit with pattern to make a cute little clutch. What could be better than a gift certificate and a great sale together.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like a good deal to me too!

Mary said...

I like your 5 x 5 plan. Very clever. Happy New Year!