Monday, October 9, 2017

Ethan's World Tour and Other Fun Stuff

 
Project Linus has started their 2017 mystery quilt fundraiser. I had so much fun making Gracie's Get Well Garden that I didn't even think twice about signing up for this year's quilt Ethan's World Tour. So far Ethan has been to China (lantern), Oceania (boat), Italy (leaning town of Pisa), Germany (castle), Antarctica (blue whale)...he's also been to North America, Central America and Egypt but I'm behind on making my blocks. I'll hopefully have them made by the time the next clue is released.


During the registration, I won this cute Peanuts camping panel and fat quarter bundle. So cute!


Attending Lynn's quilting retreat has gotten me motivated to sew again. It has become a chore since it seemed like I was having problems with everything I attempted to sew, include this little quilt.


Looks easy huh? How could I possibly mess it up you ask? Easy. It's made from a jelly roll. I never know where my quarter inch seam should start...I ended up trimming a quarter inch off of all the horizontal pieces in order for the horizontal rows to fit the vertical pieced rows. What a pain. But it is done and I like how it turned out - very cheerful.


Had to stick in a picture of my favorite sewing helper.

Nancy and I went to the Falling Leaves Quilt Show in Lakeport, California on Sunday. I bid on a a silent auction item and won.


A block of the month quilt with the finishing fabrics and back for a 64 inch square quilt...my winning bid: $20. What a deal! I really want to start making this quilt right now but I have so many WIP quilts that I am going to have to wait.

  

3 comments:

Loris said...

It's good to see your quilting mojo revived. That retreat really did wake up the sewing thrill! Your Linus blocks are looking really fun. I love the whale :-)
That quilt show must have been a lovely one and fun to see Lynn again, I'm sure. Siddi looks pretty sweet looking over your machine!

Loris said...

P.S. That BOM win looks wonderful. Enjoy!

Barb said...

Oh....I love the Ethan's quilt....what fun!