Sunday, June 24, 2018

Lots of Finishes...not all mine

I've been meaning to post some finished quilts for weeks, I've also been doing a lot of sewing. Each week I've thought okay I'll post after this finish but each week I've almost finished another project and thought okay I'll post after this finish...I could say that again this week - I only have one more row to add and I'll have another finish...but it is getting a bit ridiculous.

I made Missouri Star's free 4x4 quilt. This was a fun easy quilt. Perfect spring time quilt and fabric.


This is Nancy's version minus borders. I'd make this quilt again.


 I ended up with some odds and ends left over from the jelly roll so I made a little kinda sorta coin table topper...


...and still had some left over so I made this little mug rug...


 ...with the left over four patch blocks I made this table topper. I think I used up all of the jelly roll and coordinating yardage I had with the backs.


Stephanie and I took a class at the Quilted Heart and made Maple Island's Scooch Over 2. Another fun easy quilt. I even made a little bit of a dent in my Asian fabrics.



All of the above were squirrel moments to keep me from finishing Sweet Tooth. It is FINALLY done.

So the ridiculous pile of tops that need quilted is up to 7 table toppers/wall hangings and 12 quilt tops...geeze.

Nancy was over this past weekend. Here are two of her finishes. The quilt on the left was a Connecting Threads kit (can't remember the pattern name and couldn't find it on their site) - love it. And the quilt on the right is Jaybirds Quilts August Stars,  One of the few purple quilts I actually like. My pictures don't do either quilt justice.
 

I'll close with a new picture of Bella. She has been behaving lately...


But I don't expect it to last long. ;o)
 

5 comments:

Loris said...

Wow! You have got a strong effort going on! Your 4 X 4 and all the finishes for the leftovers look lovely. And Sweet Tooth looks like it was fun to sew. Great way to highlight those colorful fabrics.
I am still slogging along with Lil' Orphan Scrappy. I started sewing rows together then realized some goof placements and had to unsew and re-arrange. Today I'm sewing the rows together again...I hope for the last time :-)

Needled Mom said...

Your pile of unfinished quilts sounds as big as mine. Sigh. I love your finishes though. The spring colors are beautiful in that first quilt. I love how the fabrics are highlights in the Scooch quilt. Great finishes.

Loris said...

P.S. Head scratches for sweet Bella. I'm so glad she's having a 'good' phase. My sister's cats are picking up the slack for misbehaving!

Joyful Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose said...

I so love that last one...and Bella, is sure a cutie! Love the one from Missouri Star.