Monday, March 18, 2019

Almost a Finish

 
I spent most of last week arm wrestling the scrappy zigzag quilt. I wanted to quilt straight lines through the zigzags...should have been easy right? Not. Please explain to me why I quilted the quilt on my little itty bitty Bernina 125 instead of taking the nice large Juki off the frame and using it? And, yes, I did think of it after quilting a couple of the lines. No need to slap me upside the head I've already done it.

But it is done! Almost. Just need to hand sew the binding down. I picked up a couple of DVDs at the library last week so should have the binding finished tomorrow afternoon - the DVDs are due back at the library on Wednesday (I love my local library, they have everything!)


I put an ultra soft flannel on the back.


The quilt is 45 x 54 and has everything in it including two Christmas fabrics, a Halloween print, flames, cats, baseballs, and some sewing/quilting themed fabrics.
  

2 comments:

Loris said...

Well, this turned out wonderful :-) All those scraps into something colorful and charming. Rain is in the forecast. Good timing for the movies and stitching. I need to schedule some time for that too!

Rose said...

Oh, I love it....quilting on the Bernina probably made you appreciate the Juki that much more!