Monday, March 11, 2019

Squirrel Finish

 
So way way back in January 2014 I started two other scrap bin quilts. Three years later the string quilt was finished...five years later the scrappy trips hadn't been touched. I actually kinda sorta lost it but last week I found it at the bottom of the big scrap bin - now who would have thought to look there. I laid it out on the design floor and decided I needed more blocks. I made a significant dent in the 2 inch strip scrap bin (woohoo) making nine more blocks. Then laid it all out on the design floor again...this was okay, but I like to have things even, to me it needed another column on the right and I didn't want to make any more blocks.


This was okay also (got Nancy's vote), but again not even, needed another column on the left side...nope, still not making more blocks.


I decided this layout was just right. It is about 45 x 54. I'm not going to put a border on it. It is done!


Now to get it quilted and the binding added. Can I get it done by next Monday's post? That is my goal so hold me to it. Okay so maybe it was this Monday's goal but instead of sewing yesterday I spend the day reading a good suspense book.
 

4 comments:

Loris said...

Great job pulling out those UFOs! I've been thinking about doing one of these. Did you use Bonnie Hunter's instructions or someone else's? I'm with Nancy's vote on that first one but like the picked one too as it uses all the blocks so well. Happy Quilting month! I seem to be getting very little in but will hope to soon. Gloria is here to look for a house :-)

Barb said...

great scrappy quilt! Good luck with your goal - I like both settings

Needled Mom said...

I really like this great use of scraps.

Rose said...

So, I like any of the layouts. I keep thinking about a quilt like this. Just to use up scraps. I don't know why I have't started one cause I love it.

And I went and looked at your string blocks quilt and I love it...probably left a comment saying I love it but did not think to look that far...so, why is it I love everyone else's laid out like that. But then I want something different for my own?