Monday, February 24, 2020

Feels like Spring


Since when does 56 degrees feel like Spring? I didn't mean to work in the yard today, but it was soooo sunny and pretty out. My front and back yard appear to have a bunch of bulbs starting to bloom...


I have two daffodils so far.
 

Pansies (I know, not bulbs) that survived the snow.


Maybe a hyacinth? 



Crocus's? I also have them in a dark purple.

I watered a little - we've had very little rain, trimmed a couple of shrubs, and sprayed lots of weeds. Technically I have a front and back lawn but both are so small. The front gets lots of sunlight, the back gets none at all. I'm already trying to figure out how to convert the back lawn to something else...maybe a paver patio?

I used this book to make four additional blocks for my sampler.


Not related to Lincoln, but I really like the blocks.

I could easily make a whole quilt out of the first three blocks. The pink one was a booger to make. If I ever make it again I will not use the book's method which is all triangles.

Can't wait for tomorrow, it's supposed to be 64 degrees - my kinda heat wave. ;o)
 








4 comments:

Loris said...

Well, that's a lovely treat to have these flowers blooming. They really look beautiful! I like the new blocks you've made. Especially the first one with the red in it.

Rose said...

Yeah for blooms! Mine are just now beginning to pop through the ground.

I love the blocks you chose...I have that book/had that book. I think it is at Sarah's house now from when my other daughter took it down there. If it is the one I think it is, it shows the blocks in different 'colorways'....

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well that’s a nice little spring garden! Northern Indiana is having a snow storm tonite. Your blocks are nice.
Xx, Carol

Ruth said...

Welcome to Oregon! I saw your comment on Barb's blog and then saw that you have recently moved here. We moved here 5 1/2 years ago and really love it. We live in McMinnville. BTW, I use a walking foot when I quilt Baptist fans. I love Barb's template and have used it on lots of quilts.