Monday, February 17, 2020

Happy Dance

 
I had my first visitor here in Oregon! Stephanie flew in for a few days last week. Thursday we did a bit of sewing...


Stephanie made microwave bowl holders from some of my scrap fabrics. Isn't this cute, she fussy cut the lighthouse.


And I worked on my blackwork sampler.

Thursday night Stephanie had a bit of food poisoning (yes, it was from my cooking). So Friday was a quiet day other than going over to my mom's for dinner and cards.

The Land of Lincoln Sampler didn't sit for long. Steph and I brainstormed and decided normal borders around the quilt wouldn't look right but if I made it bigger with rail borders and more sampler blocks for cornerstones it would look good. I've got everything cut out and will start sewing again tomorrow.
 

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

you made your company sick?!? That is SO bad. lol. Bet it was nice for you to have a friend visit and stitch with you.
xx, Carol

Loris said...

The things life hands us to fill it with stories! Poor Stephanie :-( but now she gets to own the first visit 'memorable' story! It must have been wonderful to share your new home and beautiful area with her. Lovely new microwave bowl. I like your little blue pin keeper too.

Rose said...

LOL at Stephanie and food poisoning...that sounds exactly like something that would happen to us. I don't know if I have the story on my blog or not...but it is something else.

Your sampler is looking good!

Needled Mom said...

Oh no! You still got a lot accomplished in spite of her illness.