Monday, March 23, 2020

National Quilting Day and Quarantine Along


Last week was interesting...only word I can think of to describe it. Like a few others I was social distancing / quarantining. I'm a natural hermit so I thought - no problem; as a quilter / stitcher I thought - definitely no problem.

I got caught up on my Peppermint Purple SAL - hmmm, just noticed I missed a stitch.


And joined two sew-alongs: Project Linus had a one day mystery sew-along last Saturday and GE Designs (Gudrun  Erla) had a one day Quarantine Along last Sunday (yesterday).

Since the Project Linus quilt was a mystery I couldn't pull fabric ahead of time. The pattern was released about 4 a.m. Saturday morning. I opened my eyes long enough to look a the pattern/quilt and decided it was cute but could wait until I was really awake.  This is a picture of the designer's quilt - picture is from Facebook:


So when I finally decided to get up, I pulled fabric...


Waited for Bella to take her nap...


Then managed to make a mess of my sewing room.


By the end of the day I had cut the pieces and parts for all the houses and actually got six houses made.  Can you say bright?


Gudrun posted the fabric requirements for her free pattern, Elvira, last week so I was able to pull those fabrics before the pattern was release on Saturday. This was my start, I added a few more fabrics as I ended up making the lap instead of the crib.


I decided the quilt was easy enough I didn't need to get up early Sunday. I watched the tutorial video and started cutting. By the time I went to bed I had all the A blocks made and all the pieces and parts of the B block ready to sew. I might have had a glass of wine and cut a few of the B block slashes at 7 inches instead of 8 inches - don't tell.



I swear Bella can hear fabric hit carpet, she was in her bed in the sewing room when I started laying these out on the design floor for a picture and before I was finished putting them down she was in the middle of them.

Today was a kitty lap day (very very rare).


 This is her "don't even think about moving" look.


I couldn't stand it any longer, I had to get out of the house today. I braved a trip to Walmart. I was out of wine and kitty litter. Two very essential quarantine necessities.
 

3 comments:

Loris said...

Hello to you and Bella :-) She is doing a good job keeping an eye on you.
I love your Linus blocks. Those are going to make a really cute quilt! I followed along with Gudrun but didn't make the pattern. Instead it got me going on Straights again which was a great thing for me. I was really stuck in the mud ;-) So the center is all sewn and pressed and I'm working on the string border. I have learned that though I like the 'look' of strings, I don't love sewing the strings. But I'm on my way again and will get this done.

Rose said...

I do not know where to begin...I will tell you that I clicked to open the photo in a new tab...the one where you pulled fabrics for the linus project till I could see the fabrics better. I always look at others fabrics to see if I see any I have...I did not in this case.

Anyway, I LOVE those houses you made. And I saw the GE Designed quilt...I like your choices of fabric. That is going to be a nice quilt. Bella is so pretty....she has to give your quilts the KTCA seal of approval.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects! Used to have a cat that looked exactly like Bella! Stay safe!