Monday, March 30, 2020

Discombobulated

  
Am I the only one who doesn't know what day it is, not sleeping well, and have a serious debate with myself daily on whether or not to get dressed or stay in my sweats all day? I've also put on five pounds in the last week!!!

I  have no attention span, so there has been a minimum of sewing done...

Elvira goes to the orient and slays a dragon.


The dragon fabric was directional, I didn't have enough yardage so I had to piece the block. If I didn't tell I don't think you'd of noticed. There are more dragons in the gold fabric below.

This quilt made a pretty good dent in my (very old) Oriental and metallic fabrics. The quilt is 63 x 84. I don't have anything large enough for the back - I'm trying to decide if I want to find something to buy or to piece my scraps and other Oriental and metallic fabrics into a back.

I actually know how I want to quilt it - surprise. I wish my quilt frame was set up and functional, it would be much easier to do the quilting with it. I'm waiting to have new carpet installed - which I haven't ordered yet and probably can't have installed even I had. I'm discombobulated and indecisive.
 


5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Everyone seems to be on hold. Now I am hearing on the news that these Shelter in Place orders will probably last until June 1. Very scary economically. I have attention span, it's procrastination that is my nemesis.
Stay well
xx, Carol

Loris said...

Elvira turned out lovely! Great use of those fabrics. I'm eager to see how you quilt it. Are you tempted to put your machine up if you're waiting for carpet?
My attention span hasn't been great either. I did finally get going on the Straights border and am close to have all the strings sewn together. It occurred to me yesterday that I really don't need quilts that are this huge though and may want to not fall into that again. Unless I'm making it for someone's bed, a large throw is probably more useful.

Barb said...

You are not alone! we are all out of sorts.
Stay sewing and stay well

Rose said...

No, would not have noticed the pieced fabric. I do like the top. I will be watching to see how you quilt it. As far as indecisive...you cannot be as bad as me! Anything I go to do I an think of dozen ways to do it or a dozen patterns I want to make. I could get so much more done if I could just decide what I want to do or how I want to do it.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

{{hugs}} properly distanced of cours! It has been a rough time and it is perfectly all right to feel out of sorts. Your quilt is beautiful and you've made great progress on it.