Monday, April 13, 2020

Put Your Sun Glasses On...


... Cause this baby is bright!


The quilt is roughly 39 x 54. I really like the Project Linus mystery quilts as they are always quilt patterns I would normally never make. And I tend to make them with fabrics I would normally never use - have yes, use no. Most of the brights in this quilt aren't just years old they are AGES old. Bought when I first started quilting and thought I needed to build a stash.

I'm getting my hardwood floors refinished. They started sanding today. The sander looks kinda like an old upright Hoover vacuum cleaner and it is attached to an industrial sized shop vac that is about the size of an oil drum. At the end of day most of the floor had been sanded and there was not a spec of dust anywhere.


You can see the big difference between the old finish and the sanded floor in this pic. I'm not changing the stain color, but I am hoping it ends up a bit lighter after they put the new finish on.  Bella is staying at my mom's this week. She would not like all the loud noise.

Speaking of Bella, she did her box thing...


That is the evil eye that says "see I fit". What you don't see is that the box is partly on the round cutting mat and partly on my little scissors, about two seconds later her and the box where on the floor.


I chased one of this guy's girl friends out of the back yard. He got all huffy.


I'm getting tired of cleaning up turkey poop.
 

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I had my floors done two years ago. They look so nice when they are finished, but it is a real inconvenience during the process.

Your Linus quilt is wonderful. I love the brights.

Loris said...

Your houses and trees are wonderful :-) The brights are perfect to make it all very cheery. It will be cherished.
The patch of floor looks pretty. Nice they were able to keep the dust down so well and great idea to spare Bella the experience. I remember too well the 6 weeks of floor upheaval here years back. What an experience but I sure love the new flooring.
I've have yet to get the kitties that have owned me to enjoy boxes. Bella looks so cute in it....sorry for the spill! Elinor at least would enjoyed her wool ball cave. Marianne only if it's outside and in the sun...which we haven't seen in a few days.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

That quilt is wonderfully cheery! Ha--I can just see that cat toppling to the floor. Love cats--mine make me smile daily (I just wish they'd keep their fur to themselves!).

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

That quilt is wonderfully cheery! Ha--I can just see that cat toppling to the floor. Love cats--mine make me smile daily (I just wish they'd keep their fur to themselves!).

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I absolutely love that cheerful quilt. I love bright colors so much. We have hard wood floors but have not had them redone in decades really. The dog's nails do a job on them so we have area rugs covering them. So sad because they are so pretty. We will not have carpeting where we are moving. I think I'll like that a lot.

Be well and safe.
xx, Carol

Rose said...

Bella just makes me smile so much...what is it with cats and boxes and bags?

I love the quilt top...love all those bright colors