Monday, April 6, 2020

Still There?


Ha, like we can go anywhere. I've been trying to stay home but some days are difficult. I visit my mom at least once a week. If I've been anywhere, like the grocery store, I'll wait 3-4 days before I go over. I've been doing the grocery shopping for both of us - when I do, I'll just drop the groceries off and head out. I miss my mom hugs!

So far there have been very few coronavirus cases in my part of Oregon - hope it stays that way.

I've ordered my new carpet, it won't come in or be installed until next month, but it is something to look forward to.

On the quilting front all of the houses for the Project Linus quilt are finished and the trees are about a third done...


Yup, those are some pretty bright houses. They wouldn't be allowed in my homeowner's association. ;o) I think I'm going to put a bright  green sashing between each of the rows and frame it with a bright blue. I have no idea what I'll use for the border, but I do know it will have to be just as bright.

I've also worked on a couple of cross stitch projects but they don't look like anything yet so no pictures.

I have an audio book, e-book, and a hardbound book going. My short attention span also applies to my reading material.

Stay safe.




2 comments:

Loris said...

Yep, still here :-) I finally switched gears, put the Straits aside and started sewing masks. Tried a few styles and settled on one that made the most sense to me. Your houses are very fun and timely for the 'stay at home' and for the Project Linus both.
I'm glad to hear your community is staying healthy. We had our first death this past weekend and there are still a few in ICU. They have set up an overflow at the college for about 1000 beds. I really hope the surge doesn't push that limit but it will take smarter people staying home to avoid that. I still see a lot of people here for 'vacation' ignoring the social distance concept. Rather disturbing. So I'm trying to focus instead on helping those that are.

Rose said...

I love how you put a critter in each door...I meant to say something about that in that post a few days ago. I did notice. That is going to be the cutest quilt!