Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Oh My Goodness

 

I was not bored last week. I just got back a couple of hours ago from spending a week in Star, Idaho. I visited with Donna and her husband for the last week (she visited me last year when everything was on fire). We shopped and sewed, and shopped and sewed, and shopped and sewed some more.

In no particular order...

I made a pop-up basket.

Donna has a computerized Gammill longarm. We got the Exploding Heart quilted.

 
This is the pattern I chose. The quilting is a really light green.

Donna has been looking for something to store her Red Snappers in...we found a naval shell casing at an antique mall. It was perfect and a great conversation piece.

Donna setting the boundaries on my second quilt.  I'll show both finished quilts after I get the binding put on.

(out of order) Bella didn't miss me at all. She was too busy warming her belly to come see me when I picked her up at my mom's.

I bought this quilt kit (on sale) LOVE the fabrics.


Donna has an embroidery machine and made us each a little post-it note holder.

I found sashing and backing fabric for the blocks I won a few months ago.


Couldn't not buy these William Morris fabrics.

There was a lady in the area who had an online shop that she was closing who had a "garage sale" of sorts. These are a bit different but I loved the colors and designs.

More garage sale finds.

Batik rayon and top pattern. For some reason I've been wanting to do some garment sewing.

Some other odds and ends purchased.

This was a glass front sliding door I found at a thrift shop. I thought it was interesting and might work as a frame for my finished blackwork project.

 

Donna had a project portfolio that she made over 20 years ago at a retreat. She uses hers for her wool travel projects. The one she made was pretty ratty looking and she wanted to make a new one (with a few tweaks)...but didn't have a pattern or remember how she made it.

My job this past week was to figure out how to make it. We bought the fabrics and foam board yesterday morning and finished making them about 8 p.m. last night. This is mine. I wish I had taken a picture of Donna's as hers was much prettier.

Busy week! Lots of fun! But I'm happy to be home and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight...not looking forward to all the laundry tomorrow. ;o)



4 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wow, what a grand time you've been having!!! (Jealous of the Gammill!). I'm sure it's good to be home but wow, what a fun trip!

AnnieO said...

Omigosh that looks like a ton of quilty fun. Glad you had such a great visit.

Rose said...

Oh, my, I want to go shopping with you...as if i need any more. Got to look at this later on computer...glad you had a good time!

Rose said...

I absolutely love all the fabrics you got...I loved them on my phone, just did not realize how much. LOL

And I meant to tell you this morn, I love those blocks that you found the sashing and backing fabric.