Monday, June 7, 2021

Still Pretty Boring

 

I got two more backs made last week...here's one:


 The colors are really off, honestly, they all match and look good together in person. The other back was a solid purple flannel - no picture. Hopefully, now that the backs are made, I'll have some finishes for you soon.

I found an ad on Facebook from a quilter who, after 30 years of quilting, decided she was burnt out on quilting and was selling all her fabric and quilt books. 

She had a wonderful room just below her house for sewing (stole this from her Facebook ad)

Loved the cubbies she had her fat quarters in. She was selling the mini bolts for $5 each regardless of the amount of fabric on it and fat quarters for a $1. She told me one person was there earlier in the week and bought over $300 worth of fabric...almost all of her batiks. Believe me it was very difficult to not go nuts. She had lots of bright colors in prints, stripes, and polka dots. Since I didn't have a specific project in mind when I got there, while I would have loved to go crazy and buy tons, I didn't. I already have a lot of single fabrics I've bought over the years that I look at now and think "okay, now what?".

So this is all I bought.

I think I'm going to make a tote with the two fabrics on the far left. LOVED the little leaf print. The two gold batiks match a set of batiks I already have, and the rest would "go" with some other odd fabrics I have.

She's gone for the next two weeks. I'm thinking about buying some more but I'd like to have a few actual projects in mind if I go back. The prices are hard to pass up.




1 comment:

Rose said...

I would love to see more of the one on the left edge...and I like the little leaf pattern, too, pus the two to the right of it, and oh the one next the them...and, and , and....lol I like tat with the brght dots and stripes...are they all fat quarters?

I have never been so lucky as to run across a sale like that. That is probably a good thing.


I have lost my sew-jo...trying to get the nerve to attempt layering my quilt sandwich. It is hard to do on the table with no help and Roger has such a hard time I don't know if he could ever help me. But I would like to get the quilt quilted till I felt free to start on something else. LOL