Monday, September 13, 2021

Almost Done

 

Lucy's Love Notes became a UFO because I didn't like the way the pattern said to create the closures for the envelopes. I knew there had to be a better, easier way. Process improvement, that was part of my job responsibilities when I was working. HA! I wanted to use pretty snaps on the envelopes - easy right. HA! Wrong. I have discovered I am major snap challenged. I've tried several methods and several brands and did a really good job of screwing up all my test versions. Thank goodness I didn't "test" on the real thing.

Lucy was very close to going back to the UFO pile.

So then I thought I could kinda sorta follow the pattern and use iron-on Velcro and iron-on heart patches. HA! The Velcro wasn't too bad, but the hearts barely stuck.

So guess what? I did it like the pattern only it was 10 times harder because I didn't stitch the Velcro and hearts as I was making the envelopes.

I am loving my new sewing machine. I used it's blanket stitch which is total different from my Bernina's blanket stitch.

 The Baby Lock blanket stitch double stitches everything. I wasn't sure about it at first but I ended up loving the texture it gave. And the tension while stitching was wonderful! Another plus is I can adjust the stitching speed of the machine. I set it to snail and very slowly stitched everything.

Here is the quilt (pre-hearts) laid out on the design floor.

I should be able to finish assembling the top tomorrow.

More estate sale treasures...

Major score on the 16.5 inch square Creative Grids ruler - only $2. Doing a happy dance.



2 comments:

Rose said...

I want some of your luck at finding things to rub off on me! What a freat deal on the ruler, plus looks like some really nice fabrics.

You sure did a great job in the applique dept...I like the looks of that stitch, too. That is going to be such a cute quilt.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

There was an estate sale this weekend that had a lot of fabric. I was able to resist, and it looks like someone must have bought the whole batch. My machine does that double stitching on the blanket stitch, and I didn't like how long that would take, but it does form a pretty design.